You hear it said…”Eat the Rainbow” 🌈 and I think this represents that well. Look at all that color….the deep reds, purple, green and yellow = phytonutrients (only found in plants), nutrition and health! 🌞The zucchini, yellow squash and purple cauliflower are from our garden. 🌱This is a veggie and tofu stir fry. I list the veggies I used but feel free to change it up with what you like or have in hand.
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 1 TBS arrowroot or corn starch
- 2 TBS coconut sugar maple syrup or agave works too
- 2 tsp garlic chili sauce
- Mix together and set aside
Stir Fry Mixture
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1-2 cups shitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 small purple cauliflower can sub regular cauli or broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced (I use a small microplane or you can buy it minced)
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu pressed (see below) and cubed.
- Saute onion in a little olive oil until soft. Add garlic and ginger until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the veggies except mushrooms with about 1/3 of the sauce.
- Cook and stir on medium-low to medium until they are fork tender (cooked but still crunchy).
- Add in mushrooms, tofu and the rest of the sauce. Cook for 5-10 minutes on low.
- Serve over soba noodles or brown rice. Top with avocado and spring onions. Enjoy!!
- Pressing Tofu….tofu has a lot of water in it so its good to remove that before cooking. I wrap it in paper towels, put it on a plate with something heavy on it for about 10 minutes. Or you can be fancy and buy a tofu press. This helps it absorb the sauce/marinade.