Breakfast! I love my morning smoothie bowl and overnight oats but often when I have more time in the morning I like to make pancakes. They are a treat! This recipe is a super easy, quick and healthier version of the standard pancake. So, whip out your blender and give them a try! Recipe credit www.mountainmamacooks.com
- 2 cups oats gluten free if necessary
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey I left out the honey since maple syrup was going on top and they were still great.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg I always substitute a “flax egg” for a regular egg – 1 TBS ground flax meal mixed with 3 TBS water – let sit for 10 mins until it “gels” like an egg.
- oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients, except egg and coconut oil in the base of a blender and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until egg is fully incorporated.
- Heat a griddle or large saute pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of oil. When hot, pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve hot with maple syrup.
- *If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk too thin.