It’s starting to get cold here in Gettysburg, PA and I’ve been making a lot of soups. But, I say….”it’s never too cold for a salad”…..you can “warm’ it up with Fall vegetables. I made this salad with mixed greens and radishes since they are easily found this time of year. You can mix it up however you like…..add in some roasted root vegetables like sweet potato or butternut squash with black beans instead of chickpeas. Be creative!. This salad has a nice balance of protein, fiber, healthy fats and phytonutrients from the greens and veggies. Enjoy!
- 6-8 cups of mixed greens: curly and lacinato kale spinach, swiss chard, arugula, red and green leaf lettuce
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3-4 radishes sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata or black olives sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts quartered
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- Salad dressing of choice – greek salad balsamic vinaigrette or olive oil and lemon
- Throw everything in a bowl and toss. Top with your choice of salad dressing.