Comfy Kale and White Bean Soup
It’s still soup weather….cozy and comfy Kale and White Bean Soup! But I must admit I’m really looking forward to warmer temps, the promise of spring! 🌻This recipe has all the goods….protein, fiber, vegetables and best of all FLAVOR! Enjoy and Stay Nourished!
- 6-8 cups low sodium veg broth or make your own, check out my website for the recipe https://nourishedwithalice.com
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp tumeric optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 small white potato peeled and chopped
- 6 cups kale chopped (swiss chard, spinach, collard greens work well too)
- 2 cans white beans of choice…cannellini great northern or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- Saute onion in oil or a little water until softened.
- Add garlic, salt and spices – saute until fragrant, 1 minute or so.
- Add in veg broth and potatoes, bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Add bay leaves and beans.
- Cook until potatoes are soft. Turn off heat and add kale. Soup is ready when kale is wilted and bright green. Adjust seasoning to taste.