We eat a lot of soup all throughout the year. This is Chickpea Noodle Soup. My hubby, Bob, says it satisfies his craving for chicken noodle soup…..he doesn’t miss the chicken (Crazy, right?) I love one pot recipes because they are easy to make and you don’t have a lot of clean up…..so soup fits the bill. I hope you give this a try and love it like we do! (Feel free to switch up the herbs to your liking!)Recipe adapted from @tastingtothrive_rd
- 1 each yellow onion chopped
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 3 stocks celery chopped
- 3 each carrots chopped
- 1 cup peas froze
- 2-3 cups chopped greens fresh kale, spinach, and/or swiss chard
- 2 cans garbonzo beans (chickpeas) drained, rinsed
- 2-2.5 cups pasta I use whole wheat rotini
- 6 cups vegetable stock low sodium (or 3 cups water/3 cups vegetable stock)
- 1 tsp Herb de Provence
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- .5 tsp dried oregano
- .25 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt more/less to taste
- .5 tsp pepper
- Chop yellow onion, celery and carrots. Mince garlic.
- Saute onion, celery and carrots for 5-8 minutes, until onion is translucent (you can use some oil or dry sauté).
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add herb de Provence, parsley, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté for another minute until combined.
- Add vegetable stock and chickpeas.
- Bring to a light boil and add pasta and frozen peas. Immediately turn down to a simmer.
- When pasta is just about done add the greens.
- Once the greens wilt (they will be bright green), it’s ready!