I love cookies! And sometimes you just need a treat in the afternoon to give you a boost to get through the day. But store bought and even homemade cookies have so much sugar. Why is everything loaded with sugar? (Don’t let me get started on that subject!) These little gems only have 3 (or 4) ingredients and are super easy to make. Recipe credit goes to The Big Man's World Enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats -Can sub for quinoa flakes or buckwheat flakes
- 3 large overripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter -Can sub for any nut or seed butter
- Optional 1/4 cup chocolate chips – I used dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix very well, until fully combined. If using chocolate chips, stir them in with a spatula.
- Lightly wet your hands and form 8 balls with the cookies. Place each ball on the lined mat, and press each ball into a cookie shape. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden on the edges. Remove from the oven.
- Allow cooling on the mat for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.